The Royal College of General Practitioners (RCGP) is the professional membership body for family doctors in the UK and abroad.
Founded in 1952, the RCGP represents the views of GPs on key Government and Departments of Health committees / working groups, medical royal colleges and many other primary care organisations.
The RCGP's main activities are:
- devising and updating the GP training curriculum, assisting with the quality assurance of training posts, and developing new qualifications and methods of assessment for trainee doctors
- assisting its members and other qualified GPs with their continuing professional and personal development and providing guidance with the revalidation process
- working with colleagues abroad to raise international standards through its International Development Programme
- holding courses and events that provide opportunities for GPs to come together, share knowledge and develop skills in areas such as specialties and leadership
- the monthly publication of British Journal of General Practice, and a newspaper for members
Telephone: 020 3188 7400
Royal College of General Practitioners
1 Bow Churchyard